Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quote of the Day

I think I should start doing a quote of the day/week/month/any other time frame I can think of. Since this is the blog of a young writer, it might be applicable in some sense.

Today's quote of the day comes from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2.

"Words are magic that I bend to my pleasure." (Or something like that). Said by the former Professor Albus Dumbledore.

Isn't that nice? I thought it was.

We saw that today in the Imax theater to celebrate Fom's birthday which was on Friday.

I don't have a whole lot of things to share besides we are getting a foreign exchange student this year from Thailand. I think it will be a great experience to have someone from another country come to live with us for a year. It will be a great experience for him because he will get to experience American culture.

The only bad part about him coming is that he is only now (as of last week or so) taking his midterms so he will miss at least half a year of school. The year he is living with us and going to school, however, will not count towards a year of education in Thailand. Kinda stinks for him, huh?

AK&E are coming to NC to visit the week school starts so that should be fun.


That's about it.

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

Nathaniel

4 comments:

  1. Mom commented on this but it wouldn't let her post. The blogmaster was kind enough to help her in her journey to the elightenment of the blogosphere.

    Michelle says:
    Great new blog and I loved the quote from Dumbledore. That one made quite an impression on me, as well. Nice new colors and raindrops, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! If you remember, the raindrops were used in the original design of the blog. They came back after much thought and looking at the boring theme that was before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the raindrops and the background. I, too, saw the movie and thought it was very well done. I guess I should probably take the time to read the books so I am up to speed on all.

    (Ahem, all mighty blog master - it won't let me post either. OK, now I can post for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you can post now, then you shouldn't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete